Saturday, December 9, 2023

TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE. TRUE COURAGE

 THE MAX ALLEN REPORT

Volume #12091025                            December 9, 2023

TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE

Courage comes in many forms as does cowardice.

I recently had an opportunity to be courageous but my fear of offending a friend got in my way.  I have regretted my decision ever since.  I am sure he has no idea what this means to me, but I know and that bothers me to no small degree.

Talking with someone and venturing an opinion does not mean that you have to be crass, rough, crude, or impolite.  In fact, the finer art of courage is speaking your mind firmly but gently.  Perhaps this is the ultimate “Iron fist in a velvet glove.”

From now on I pledge to balance my speech carefully and not ‘soft peddle’ it as I did recently.  I will speak firmly but gently leaving no doubt in the hearts and minds of others where I stand.  That’s how it will be.

I’m Max, and that’s the way I see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment