Saturday, May 29, 2021

HIGH I.Q. IDIOTS, MENSA ABANDONS COMMON SENSE!

------------------------------------------------------------

HIGH SILLINESS IN THE LAND OF THE FREE
------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 414                                 May 30, 2021
 

ARROGANCE OF MENSA ON DISPLAY

Buy Alec MacLeod’s “Picasso of Pain” at Amazon.com

Unfortunately this sort of tripe is picked up by the wire services nationwide even though it ‘holds no water’.  Here we have a story showing just how incredibly desperate Mensa and the press are for a little publicity … even if it is overtly stupid.

We contacted Dr. Alan Hanley, Ph.D., a noted psychologist and an expert on IQ recognition.  He informed us that a valid IQ cannot be determined, as a rule, in anyone under the age of 16.  He says, “There are many factors which go into determining one’s Intelligence Quotient [I.Q.] and there are simply too few elements present with a 2-year-old to make any kind of accurate assessment.”

With this as a starter, let the story [taken with a huge grain of salt] begin:

Dateline Los Angeles, California – A 2-year-old Los Angeles girl with a supposed I.Q. score of 146 has become the youngest member of Mensa in the United States.  Parents Sukhjit Athwal and Devon Quest said their daughter, Kashe, 2, was accepted into Mensa, the world's oldest high IQ society, after scoring 146 on an IQ test -- nearly 50 points higher than the 98-point average in the United States.

Mommy and Daddy are so proud of their first [and only] child.  Blinded by their ‘helicopter devotion’ to their child they will allow any kind of lunacy as long as it focuses positive attention on their daughter.  Dr. Hanley says, “I immediately recognize ‘Only Child Syndrome’ in their family relationship.  This is no doubt a very bright little girl, but her ability to think in abstract terms, retain long-term information, and reason based on abstract fact are simply not there, not at this age.  I am concerned over this error-based attention being lavished on such a young child and I am hard pressed to see that any good will come of it.”

For the entire ridiculous story click the link:

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/05/27/youngest-Mensa-member-toddler-Kashe-Quest/2041622139796/

Having been tested by psychologists to determine my own I.Q., I can tell you that there is no way such rigorous testing could be performed with any degree of certainty or accuracy on a 2-year-old.  Oh, my I.Q. … 164.

I’m Max, and that’s the way I see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment